Saturday, October 4, 2014

Meet the Media Team at the 9th Pacific Islands Conference on Nature Conservation: Eroni Tuinaceva



Age: 22 years old
Programme of study: Journalism student at Fiji National University
Malo Bula! I am currently a journalism student and hope to have a career in political journalism. Through attending the Conservation Conference and being part of the media team, I hope to broaden my knowledge on environmental conservation, especially in relation to climate adaptation. Coming from an island nation where many fragile ecosystems are still largely undisturbed, nature conservation plays a big part in making certain that many of the unique and fragile species that inhabit these ecosystems can continue to not only exist but flourish. With the growing threat of rising sea levels and temperatures, it is vital now, more than ever, that we work to protect and preserve many of our terrestrial and marine flora and fauna. Educating the community on the importance of nature conservation is what I hope to take with me after the conference and to share it with my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment